Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Saturday, January 3, 2015

So Thankful for You...

Good morning!

This is my first post as a Design Team member for Great Impressions Stamps, and I'm so pleased to be here sharing with you!  
I've been stamping with GI stamps for many years - they were among the first I owned!
I'll be posting a new GI post each Saturday - hope you will drop by and visit!

I've had this sweet image for a long time, and have used it often.  Yesterday, while debating on what to create, I decided to go with something 'thankful' for an after-Christmas greeting.
However, a single layer for easy mailing was also necessary, so here's what I did:


The image and sentiment were stamped where I imagined a floor and wall to be.
After stamping the image, the 'floor', 'baseboard', and 'photo frame', were drawn lightly in pencil. All coloring on the focal panel was done prior to finishing the image.  The image was stamped on blue, tan, and white, colored, fussy cut, and adhered to image - lots of paper piecing took place.

Voila!  A one-layer card was born, that has a fun dimensional look.
Give it a try sometime!

Be sure to check out the Great Impressions Blog, for daily inspiration from the GI team!
Be sure to enter our January Challenge - it will begin tomorrow!
If you create with any Great Impressions stamps, be sure to link up in the Customer Gallery!
Check out the Great Impressions Store for some wonderful crafty goodness - and did you know that shipping is free if you spend more than $25.00????

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs & blessings,
Patti J.

4 comments :

Cheryl W. said...

So happy to see your work here, Patti! This card has your usual awesomeness all over it! And a hand-drawn background? Get out! You continue to amaze me!

Mynn xx said...

Patti, this is absolutely BRILLIANT! I cannot believe you free handed most of this! And the coloring is phenomenal! SO excited to have you as part of our team at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

jonim52 said...

Patti, this is so adorable!

Leah said...

This is so sweet! I love the way you drew in the floor!! Thanks so much for tagging your photo for me to pin too :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...